I took the initiative tonight. A couple weeks ago, Ryan and I ordered a really nice bedframe. It finally came today!! Thankfully my mom and step-dad were nice enough to lend me their SUV to get the thing home. It was HUGE...and HEAVY!! They were only nice enough to throw it in the living room, instead of upstairs in the bedroom. Dang. I thought to myself "I can either attempt to carry it upstairs and assemble it myself, or I can wait until this weekend when Ryan has more time to help..." I went with the first option. My first attempt at pushing the two 200 pound boxes up the stairs didn't go so well. When my brain finally clicked on, I realized I could just cut open the box and carry the parts upstairs. Let me just warn you, they are still REALLY heavy. It took me about 50 trips up and down the stairs, but I got a super crazy workout. I cleared out the bedroom and got to work! I was at it for a good 3 1/2 hours before Ryan got home from school. In that time I managed to get the headboard, side panels, and a bunch of random parts assembled. I'm actually proud of myself for doing so. This thing was so complicated and came with a billion pieces. Ryan got home just in time to help me put together the footboard (a task that took 4 attempts because he kept screwing the wrong pieces in the wrong parts) But I'm happy to report that we will be sleeping in our beautiful bed tonight. The frame added about a foot to the height, so I feel like I'm literally crawling in to bed now. No pictures yet. I wouldn't want to spoil the grand unveiling of the apartment by giving peeks. I will, however, let you see my attempt at pushing the box up the stairs.

(terrible cell phone quality)
In other news, today was Crazy Hat Day at work. My mom wins best hat in my book. She found a vulture hat. The best part about it was that when she talked, the head bobbled up and down, and when she looked around, it surveyed the room with her. Ha!
(Day 133)
No comments:
Post a Comment