Since I met Ryan, all he's been able to talk about is how much his family loves their tradition of going to the East Idaho Fair every year. He's told stories of elk jerky, elk burgers, awesome animals, and just an all-round fun time. We were unable to go last year because of the sad passing of Grandma Goodrich, so this year was my first time. We have been frequenting the tiny county fairs around here, but nothing could really beat the scale of the Idaho Fair. It made me want to laugh at our local fairs. I went with the idea that I was going to try all kinds of crazy fair food. We even skipped date nights to save up extra fun money. After all of the elk burger stories, I knew Ryan was going to try and get me to eat one. Thank Goodness they weren't at the fair this year. Phew! Totally dodged a bullet! I had my eye on some yummy looking turkey legs, deep fried ribs, corn on the cob, caramel apples, and all the other amazing deep fried deliciousness. Unfortunately, I didn't want to stand 30 minutes in line to get them, so I stuck with my father-in-law's burger suggestion. We had a prime rib burger for lunch, a caramel apple for a snack, and a departing treat of ice cream. Now my reason for going back each year is going to be the food.
My other favorite part of the fair was when we stopped to get a charicature made. I've always wanted to see how someone would draw me, and where better to get it done than a fair? I thought it was funny that the artist emphasized Ryan's eyebrows and sideburns. Ha! I'm so happy to be home though. The past week has been killing my body...my feet especially.

In random news, yesterday was the one year anniversary of Ryan proposing. That day falls on my list of top 5 days of my life. It's crazy how quickly time flies.
(Day 135)
No comments:
Post a Comment