August 25, 2011

Pa-pa-pa-packing!

So much for a day off! Yesterday around this time, I was saying to myself "I'm going to sleep in tomorrow, take it easy, yada, yada, yada...". What a lie! I got up at 8 and I've been packing the apartment ever since. Working in the moving business has given me the knowledge of smart packing: the smaller the box, the heavier it is, always use packing paper to fill in the gaps so the box doesn't get crushed, always label the top of the box so you know what's in it... I was trying to strictly stick to those rules throughout my LONG day. I managed to get the majority of the apartment packed. The kitchen, pantry, laundry room, and closet are now happily sitting in boxes in the living room. As I am sitting here in bed, continuing my love-hate relationship with the TV show "Man vs. Food," I'm kicking myself for getting so gung-ho about packing. I didn't leave myself any munchies! Ryan started school today, so I don't even have a car to run out and grab something. Ugh, my poor tummy...I'M WASTING AWAY!! :P

On top of packing, I started cleaning some of the more disgusting areas of the apartment so that my family won't have to deal with them when they come to our cleaning party on Sunday. Instead of wearing myself out more, I decided to clean the bathtub while in my shower. I have learned something quite helpful. Since my hair is so long and thick, I can stand under the water for a second, and it will hold enough water to squeeze over the areas that the spout can't get to. :P I knew the Lord blessed me with my luxurious hair for a reason! I also did about 10 loads of laundry. Boy am I thankful today is over!




(Day 128)

No comments:

Post a Comment