August 16, 2011

Nanny's Creation

As I've described in previous posts, Ryan and I have a little date spot that we frequent up in Ogden. It's called Brixton's. Seeing as we only have 2 weeks left in this area, and Brixton's only has the Ogden location, my hand has been forced at attempting a recreation of our favorite potato; the bacon, cheddar potato. It's a lot easier said than done. My first attempt wasn't at all impressive. I didn't make nearly enough bacon, and the cheese sauce was just, well, bland. So tonight I gave my all at my 2nd attempt, and let's just say, it was YUMMY! I cooked up twice the amount of bacon, and added handfuls of whatever sounded good for the cheese sauce. And that's that! We are now both laying in bed, attempting to play Halo, while suffering from massive food comas. Oh joy!


Try it, it's yummy! Baked potatoes (smashed of course), add a creamy white cheddar sauce, cooked bacon, and top with yellow cheddar cheese. Be prepared for a nap afterward.



(Day 119)

1 comment:

  1. Your food posts always cause problems for me!!! :) I still daydream about the chicken puff things...yum!!

    Can't wait to see pics of your new place! It is awesome you found something!

    ReplyDelete