August 17, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven

Yesterday being my day off, I decided to try and be as productive as I could. It didn't last very long. Have you ever been in such a good mood, and then you get news that just ruins your entire day? That's what happened to me. Being an animal lover, this news would have upset me regardless, but seeing as it hit so close to home, it upset me that much more. I got a text from my mom, telling me that my step-family's dog, Cinnamon, had to be put down. Cinnamon was not my dog, nor did any of us particularly enjoy her at times, but the circumstances surrounding her death were so sad. I'm glad she's finally at peace. I remember all of the times that we would play with her or make fun of her for having the worst breath on the planet. I can't even count how many times I had to get up in the middle of the night to take her out or let her back in. I'll miss her for sure. I'm at peace knowing that she's in a better place. I certainly believe there is special place in heaven for sweet pets like Cinnamon. The loss of a pet is something I can relate to (especially an unexpected loss while on a trip), so I'm keeping my step-family in my prayers.


This is the only picture that I have of Cinnamon. I'm sure Jack will be just as sad to hear that his guard dog buddy is gone.




(Day 120)

No comments:

Post a Comment