Today was another day off for me. I never thought I'd say this, but I really don't like staying at home anymore. I used to really enjoy the endless naps and kitty snuggling, but now the constant TV shows that upset me and the annoying feeling that I have to be doing something, just make the days more stressful than they need to be. I'd love nothing more than to be okay with sitting in bed all day. But when I'm stuck at home, I feel like I've thrown the day away when I don't do anything of any importance. So today I had to kind of wander around the apartment finding things to do. Keeping myself busy while doing laundry, packing stray boxes, and watching the naughty girls was just not fun. I don't know. I would have rather gone to work and made money. I was, however, able to realize how blessed Ryan and I really are. I really like the show "The First 48". It's about real-life homicide detectives solving murders. When I watch shows like that, I get a glimpse into the jungle of a world that we live in, and the monsters that really do exist in society. I'm thankful that we're blessed with the income and safety that we have. It always breaks my heart when I see these murders of young kids BY young kids. Sometimes I just sit and shake my head, praying that I can raise my kids better than that.
(Day 121)

No comments:
Post a Comment