If it wasn't blatantly obvious by my blog, I like to vent. This whole fridge situation really got to me. Not only because it was the catalyst of us moving, but because it feels like we are trapped, we are being treated unfairly, and there's nothing we can do about it. We're letting them win. When times become too overwhelming, sometimes I just need to lay down and say "fine!" and take whatever consequences come my way. After the tiff with the manager yesterday, I was more than willing to give in, but I wanted some sort of "revenge." I wanted him to know that he can't get away with treating people like this. I decided that my only option was just to post a review of the apartments online. I guess maybe I had hoped that others wouldn't have to go through what we went through. I would have liked to have known about this place's issues before signing away my soul. I wrote a few paragraphs about our complex, the issues we've been having, what I didn't like about it, and especially how I felt that the manager didn't care. I honestly didn't think it would come back to bite me. It has.
I got a call this evening from the manager. He basically said "I finally got approval to reimburse you for the items that were destroyed by the fridge, but I'm not going to because of the review that you wrote." Really? Do you realize that's illegal? He's gone from being professional to being petty. Fine, I don't care. Keep your money. But I feel like an idiot. I feel like I've let Ryan and I down because I couldn't just keep my mouth shut. Now because of me, this man has basically hinted to me that he's not going to make this experience any easier. I probably just flushed our chances of saving some money and getting out of here quickly. WHY, NATALIE?! Why do you always have to win? GRR!!
I did try and be the bigger person though. I've since taken down my review (which wasn't mean, just blunt), and I've called and apologized about it all. But I will admit that all of this could have been avoided if the manager hadn't gotten on my bad side when he told me that he didn't believe that the maintenance man was the one that "blew up" the fridge, and that he thought it was me. Has compassion and sympathy gone completely out the window? Does he not even care that I'm still healing from an adoption, dealing with severe depression and medical issues, that I have a husband that is equally as sick, and that all the money that he's trying to get from us is only robbing the child that we're trying to have? We're only people.
My lesson has been learned though...well, maybe not, since I'm now blogging about it. But I now know to give myself time to adjust and calm down before I do anything like this again. Maybe I just need some girlfriends. Ryan and his sister are the only ones that I talk to about most issues. But I don't hang out with anyone, I don't have anyone to vent to like a normal person. My blog IS that. Bleh, okay, this is getting depressing. Time to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment