July 29, 2011

Fooday

I personally think an extra day needs to be added to the week...and it should be solely for the purpose of stuffing our faces. That's just me though. Today was once such day! I was super hungry when I got up, but since we still hadn't replenished our fridge, I had to think about what we had that didn't get ruined in Fridgageddon. PANCAKES! And I was doubly lucky in that I had just purchased my favorite syrup. I have an extreme addiction to blueberry syrup. That's the main reason I love IHOP so much. They don't limit your syrup, and they have lots of yummy flavors. Ryan's pancakes must always include chocolate chips. I decided to get creative with my design, and ended up spelling out "I <3 U." They were delish! Then for dinner, we tried our hand at recreating Brixton's bacon, cheddar potato. I made a white cheddar cheese sauce and crisped up some bacon. I also sauteed up some onions for mine. Cooked onions taste so yummy on most everything...in my opinion. I think they were a little too yummy because we're both dying right now. I ate so much that my tummy is in agony. I almost immediately fell asleep after finishing. You know you're full when you completely ignore your OCD, and skip dishes so that you can take a nap. Yep, that's me! Tomorrow's food adventure is French Bread Pizza. That's Ryan's all-time favorite.
Of course Ryan had to go and ruin my hard work by throwing on a ton of extra chocolate....

Ryan and I both start new jobs on Monday...both in Salt Lake. Bleh! I had to go down to Salt Lake to get hired and take a drug test. All of which was being mandated by my boss... MY MOM!! So I knew that the drug test was merely a joke. I was already out and about getting the kittens another round of vaccinations, so I decided to take them on a road trip. My mom got to babysit while I ran out to do the drug test. They were super good! She did say that Willow tried to help type an email by walking across the keyboard a few times, but for the most part they just slept on her desk.

The kittens had their 3rd round of vaccinations today. Willow couldn't get hers done because she has an upper respiratory infection...we can thank Junie for that one! Junie got hers, but we think she's having an allergic reaction to it; she's red in the face, her neck is a bit swollen, she's sluggish, and she's not eating. We get to sleep with both of them, just to make sure they're okay. For some reason, Willow isn't growing. Junie now weighs 3 times as much as Willow. She doubled her body weight over this last month. Willow has only gained .3 lbs since she was last weighed. Her kitty cold is making her vomit, so that's definitely not helping. Our poor babies! Why do they have to have such bad luck too?


(Day 101)

No comments:

Post a Comment