Ryan was gone until 11 last night because of school, so luckily I didn't have to cook dinner or anything. I kept getting up to see if the fridge was making any progress with getting cold. When 10:30 came around and the inside was still blistering hot, I knew that Lady Luck has stepped in again. Having been plugged in since around 2, that wasn't a good sign. We got up this morning to find that it was still hot. So now any food that I had hoped was salvageable was now mush. Forget about the stockpile of portioned baggies of chicken that I'd been creating, forget about the entire 18 egg batch of hard-boiled eggs that I'd just made. Everything is gone!! Oh, the best part? Junie's $40 Giardia medication is gone too. It says on the label "REFRIGERATE," but I'm guessing a 90 degree fridge won't count.
After my meltdown last night (I guess the fridge wasn't the only one melting down), Ryan decided that he better be the one to talk to management about reimbursing us for everything we lost. I just went to the grocery store on Monday, which means that we lost $100 of groceries + Junie's medicine. With how excruciating it has been in the past to get management to care about any of our issues: loud neighbors, bugs, and now this, I'm sure they won't offer to help. Which means I get to go to the next step and possibly threaten suing. I don't know. At this point I think we have enough ammo to use against them in trying to get out of our lease. We are dying to move down to South Jordan for Ryan's new job, but they want at least $2000 to break the lease. Makes no sense to me. But that's where we stand. I didn't eat anything yesterday, and it's looking like I won't get to eat anything today. I think my body has enough fat on it to get me through these tough times though. :P
In other news, my mom offered me a job. That means that Ryan and I both have two jobs. Woo!! We rock! Too bad they're down south. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have some divine intervention to get us out of our lease. Starting Monday, we both get to start fresh jobs.


No comments:
Post a Comment