July 4, 2011

4th of July

Today was just perfect! Ryan's "re-living memories" plans turned out better than I thought they would. We had a lazy morning of playing with the kittens in bed, and then eventually both fell back asleep for a bit. Then we went to the Hogle zoo. The significance of that location is several things. 1st, it's what we did last year on the 4th, followed by fireworks at the Draper Temple. And 2nd, when I asked Ryan when exactly he knew that he loved me, he said it was when we went to the zoo...the food court precisely. He was standing in line, waiting for his drink, and I decided to wait for him out at our table. He admitted that he was watching me from the line, and just fell in love as he watched me looking at the sky. Awe! After the zoo we went to my mom's house for a little down-time before the rest of the night's fun. We took a quick nap in the basement...Mostly Ryan just slept while I played a new game on my iPod. I didn't last long because the basement was so freezing. When my cold toes couldn't take it anymore, I ran out to the backyard and stuck my feet in the hot tub. I felt SO good!

The cafe where Ryan fell in love with me. :D

I was trying to feed the dinosaur...Ryan was trying to save me....too late!

Ahh, soooo hot!

We enjoyed some BBQ festivities with all my family; especially with my brother Clay, his girlfriend Tauni, and their baby, Rikki. My mom adores Rikki and had a lot of fun dressing her up in a bunch of 4th of July outfits that she got her... It sometimes makes me laugh at how much my mom loves Ryan. She was making potato salad, and made a whole separate batch without pickles for Ryan. I don't think she would have ever done that for me! :P

At around 8 o'clock we headed to the grocery store because Ryan wanted to indulge in some cheese. I think it was in honor of my dad. He got some creamy Wisconsin cheese and pepperoni, and I got some dill Havarti and a pear. SO GOOD! We also went to Panda Express to get dinner because it's what we had last year. Can you tell we're into re-living the past? We enjoyed "our" spot at the Draper temple while we waited for fireworks. We were an hour from home and super tired, so we didn't stay at the temple for long. We ate our cheese and enjoyed a beautiful view; there was a really pretty double rainbow overhead. Nothing more romantic than that!








(Day 76)

No comments:

Post a Comment