Today has been another long day. The kittens did surprisingly well last night. We put them in the bathroom (what we like to call their "safe room") with their bed, food, and litter box. We also gave them a night light. They didn't cry all night, and were SO excited to see us in the morning. Looks like it's going to be 6:30 wake-up calls for me from now on. I am on kitty duty once Ryan gets up in the morning and needs to use the bathroom to get ready. They also did really well when I left them for three hours while I went to work. I couldn't wait to get home from work so that I could see them. I love them SO much!
Here are a few of the new things I've learned about our girls in only 24 hours.
1) Don't eat food in front of them. I walked into the bedroom with a bowl of cereal last night, and Junie literally jumped onto my shirt and crawled up my chest to try and get some.
2) In only 24 hours, they've conquered jumping onto the bed by crawling up the bed skirt. Have no fear! We prepared for this by putting our old bedding on the bed.
3) Kittens can get into anything! Junie was so hyper this morning, she was climbing behind everything and even started doing Ryan's worst nightmare....chewing on cords. Yeah, I put a stop to that pretty quick.
4) They love their mommy just as much as their daddy...if not more :P After I got home from work, I laid down and took a 3 hour nap with them. I was passed out, but once in a while I could feel one of them change positions, and I woke up to find Willow sleeping in my armpit. Oh, and Junie is a sleep-talker, and Willow is a sleep-kisser. She loves kissing her mommy. I have to draw the line when she starts to go up my nose though.
5) Having two new kittens is work! I feel like I've been babysitting all day. It's been nonstop attention for the kittens. Plus, I have to keep cleaning up after them. They're little piggies and like to spill their food and water everywhere. Also, I think Willow had a small accident on the bed, so I had to clean all the bedding today too. And no matter how many times I take them off of something they've climbed on, and tell them no, it doesn't matter; they don't listen. :P
6)Junie really does like to sit on your shoulder. I had to get ready and put on my makeup this morning with a cat on my shoulder. It was kind of hard.
7) And last but not least, Willow is REALLY good at climbing up my pant leg when I won't pick her up. Well, pretty much climbing up anything when she wants attention. (No joke, as I was typing that, Junie started climbing up my leg....I guess this one applies to her too) I'm covered in kitty claw marks, but I love it!
Willow was sitting patiently on the desk while I blogged. Man, such a perfect kitty!
In other non-kitty related news, today was my first day at work. It went pretty well. It's looking like it's going to take a lot of hard work, but if I can focus, I can be making a TON of money. My coworkers are all really nice too. I'm just hoping I can be good at this job. I believe I can!

(Day 49)



No comments:
Post a Comment