Today was the re-do of last weekend. As you remember, our plans were foiled by the April snow showers. This weekend was SO perfect for all of our plans. We went down to Thanksgiving Point to attend the Festival of Tulips on its last day. It was SO gorgeous. And may I mention, it was dang hot! Today felt more like summer, than spring. All of us actually got burned. I have the WORST farmer's tan on my arms and chest. It's ridiculous, but it makes me laugh every time I look at it.The best part of the day came in the form of a snake. We were standing on a bridge, overlooking the little stream, when Ryan noticed a little water snake. My mom called me over to take a picture (in a bush of all places) and right as I looked down, there was a another snake RIGHT ON MY SHOE!! I screamed, jumped back, got my foot caught in a hole, fell back onto the cement sidewalk, and then proceeded to roll down the stairs. It was hilarious, but also terrifying. I'm not afraid of snakes, it's just a reflex to act like a sissy girl when there's one on your foot. Then to make things worse, we went through the day and wanted a few more pictures down by the waterfall. I jokingly said "I hope there's no more snakes." Just then, I looked down and AGAIN there was a snake on my foot. I went through the same hysterics, but this time there weren't any stairs to fall down. Haha! Gosh! I was like a snake magnet today.
After we finished up there, my mom, Ryan, and I all went to the Draper Temple. Two firsts for me. 1) I've never been to the Draper Temple, and 2) I've never been through the temple with my mom. When I went through the temple my first time, she was in the ER. I can't tell you how hard I cried when I got the call two hours before my session, telling me that she couldn't go. Today was very special for us. My first session with my mom, right before Mother's Day. :D
Random events of the day. Ryan and I ate at In-N-Out burger for the first time. I must note, I don't see what the big deal is. Ryan also broke his two month streak of no soda. He was curious if it'd please him the way it used to. Sadly, it did not. I'm proud that we've both been off soda for so long now.... We also went to Kneaders Bakery for dinner, and the sandwich I got was SO good. It was a turkey, bacon, avocado on cheesy focaccia bread. MMM. I will be torturing myself on the elliptical for this.
Don't drink the soda, Ryan!!

Don't drink the soda, Ryan!!
SO GOOD!!
Since we won't get to see my mom tomorrow, we surprised her with some pretty flowers. Her day was filled with pretty flowers.
(Day 18)



Ask Jan how she felt the day she was in the garden with me and looked down to see a mouse on her shoe climbing her leg.
ReplyDeleteShe levitated 2 feet plus.