Today was mine and Ryan's first time teaching our Sunday school class. We went into it a little nervous, but we left with huge smiles on our faces. It was really fun! We had a few minutes left over before class was out, so, being prepared, I brought a few of my Nanny's Notes supplies and let them make Mother's Day cards for their moms. Ryan even made me a Mother's Day card.
It's weird. Even though I'm not a mother in the normal sense of the word, Mother's Day holds so much more meaning to me now. There are so many different types of moms out there, and I'm just another type. I enjoyed the talk in church today, when the YW leader got up and talked about how some women aren't blessed with the ability to have babies, and how mothers have to unite to create families. It touched me that someone FINALLY talked about the other side of it. It's always "I'm a mom. I love my kids, yada, yada, yada." And it always bothered me that no one cared about those who aren't moms, can't ever be mom's, or who are moms from the sideline. I got to celebrate Mother's Day today and it felt comforting. Ryan woke up and said "Happy Mommy's Day!" He's so sweet to take this as seriously as I do. I love him so much.
Speaking of loving Ryan. Today is our 4 month anniversary! I'm not going to make a big, long post about it, because Saturday is our 1 year anniversary of meeting. So I'll save the mushy, gooey stuff for then. Ryan says he's had something big planned for months now. I can't wait to see what he has in store!
Oh, and on a random side note, Jack got to call home today!! Ryan and I weren't able to make it down to listen in, so my mom just had us on speaker. It was so nice to hear his voice. But! That little bugger! He broke his hand and didn't bother telling anyone. He was just telling a story and goes "I couldn't play because I had my cast on..." Everyone in the room goes "YOU HAVE A CAST!? WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Oops on Jack's part. Haha! We miss him like crazy, but we support him 100% in all that he does. I can't believe he has less than a year left. :D



Yay for Jack having less then a year left! :) Miss that kid!
ReplyDeleteIt was a good weekend overall. The last four months have been a blast! I love you, babe! :D
ReplyDelete