December 21, 2010

Chaos

I seem to be specially designed to deal with chaos. This past week has been no exception. Even just trying to leave Omaha was a hassle. I'm happy to say that Angel and I arrived in Salt Lake and are happy to be home! .... and home for good!


Only 2 1/2 more weeks until I get married! AHH! And it's no easy task, I'll say that. I got home and tried on my dress, only to find that it wouldn't zip. AHHHHH! I couldn't believe it! I took it to 4 different alteration places and each one said that they couldn't fix it. I about died when the last one told me that I'd have to buy a new dress. Thankfully, my mom called David's Bridal and they exchanged it for a bigger size. That was yesterday's drama. I've been running around town trying to tie up the last loose ends. I'm a bit tired.

Today I spent my time making Christmas presents for my in-laws. I made customized magnetic frames for my sister-in-law, and my parent-in-laws (haha, wasn't sure what to call them.) I think they turned out well. It's been really nice to just sit and veg in front of the tv and do crafts.

I'm getting excited for Christmas. Jack is set to call home on Saturday at 10. My mom bought everyone in the family (about 12 people) matching fleece jammies for Christmas morning, and we're all going to open presents while waiting for Jack to call. Then it's off to Syracuse for the Goodrich Christmas. I'm excited to give Ryan his present.... AN XBOX!! (SHHHHH!!)

After Christmas will start the official wedding chaos. I have bridal pictures, hair appointments, bridals showers, endowments, MOVING!, and panicking about small details. I can't wait to cross off my to-do list and leave for Cancun! The last 4 months were truly terrible. I can't wait for this time to be over and move on to the next chapter in our lives.

When I think back on where I was a year ago, I sit and count all of my many blessings. I know at times my road wasn't always as smooth as I would have liked, but I was always blessed with the desired outcome. We don't always know what's best for us, and the Lord sees fit to go according to His plan. I'm so happy with how my life is going. I'm about to marry my best friend and begin my Happily Ever After...



This one is for my sister-in-law. It has pictures of her and her husband.




This one is for Ryan's parents. It contains pictures of all the kids and their spouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment