March 27, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle....Seriously!

Before I start, I would just like to warn you about the extreme amount of pictures that will be included in this post. You have been warned!

Clay, Jack, and I all flew out to Seattle today to see my dad. He's been living up here since October and he loves it....I can see why! We started our day bright and early and the first thing we did after stepping off the plane was go and see a military plane museum. It was pretty cool. All of us are pretty interested in the military/air-crafts and find joy in strolling around while my dad goes on and on about each and every plane. I never knew there was so much to learn about F-16's and 747's. Clay and jack even got to play in the flight simulator and my highlight was hearing them scream like little girls when they lost control and started spinning around. haha!




look mom!! I'm in space!!


Then it was off to my favorite part of Seattle...Downtown! The unique atmosphere that surrounds Seattle really does suck me in. The only way that I can describe it is...natural! Everything here is so fresh and beautiful. I can't seem to get the image of the thousands of freshly cut tulips, roses, and buttercups out of my head. B-E-A-UTIFUL!! I wish I could have bought a bundle to take home. Did you know that tulips came in every color of the rainbow!?! I didn't!

A wall covered with some really cool graffiti



For lunch, we stopped at my dad's favorite little Chinese takeout booth. He had recently discovered a food called, Hombows. Let me explain....Hombows are big fluffy rolls, filled with pulled pork, chicken, or curry beef. MMMMMMMM!!! They were addicting. And for only $2, how can you go wrong?!? The line down the block suggested that we found the best little spot in town.


After the Hombow experience, we strolled around, listening to the tunes of the local artists. We were particularly interested in a cute little jazz band. We stayed for about 30 minutes while they jammed on the sidewalk. The Hombows were digesting and left us with room for sweets. We found a little ice cream shop, got a scoop, and headed for the pier. Truly amazing! 65 and sunny! Nothing better than being with your favorite people in a beautiful part of town.




Let me explain this picture. We parked at the top of this hill; what I would like to call the steepest hill on earth, and the true test of my post-baby endurance. We raced up and I won!! I ran up and did the Rocky move...arms in the air!! YEAH!! haha!

We headed for home and stopped for pizza, but were all super excited to see the dogs; Ginger and Franny...and apparently they were a little excited too! After dinner, we all went out to the little field by my dad's house and played some volleyball and frisbee. Maybe I'd talked up the fact that I was on the high school volleyball team a little too much, because they definitely weren't impressed. haha! Um...the sun was in my eyes. yeah, that was it. The very long, but very enjoyable day was ended with a movie. Tomorrow we are set to drive 3 hours East to a little town called Wenatchee, to meet up with the rest of the Griffin family. :)



Jack's serves hardly made it over the net..

Gotta love dad, just chillin' in the background


Ginger missed the kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment