Now, I hate Mondays, but my mom must REALLY hate them. Two weeks ago, Ryan was up and wandering around, getting ready for work, when he woke me up and said "did you hear about your mom?" The first, irritated, why-did-you-wake-me-up thought that came to my mind was "duh, I've been asleep!," but I toned it down to a simple "no." Apparently my mom wanted to be cool, too, and was in the ER, getting her appendix taken out.
I spent the day being the middle-man for all the calls and well-wishes, building a "get well soon" basket, and explaining to Lilly that grandma was going to have an owie on her tummy, just like daddy did. Mom went into surgery around noon, got home around 4, took a 4 hour nap, and then came downstairs like nothing had happened. To say my mom is a tough cookie, is an understatement. She went back to work at 4 am the next morning, SHE brought ME breakfast in bed, took care of Lilly so I could nap, and put on the appearance of "nothing happened." We joke that her 3 c-sections prepped her for the appendectomy. She's such a trooper!
.JPG) |
| Found this note on my nightstand. "Going to the hospital. Severe stomach pain. Awake all night. Sorry!" She apologized to me, really? |
.JPG) |
| We read her bedtime stories that night |
.JPG) |
| I got her a new Minion blankie to help her heal. |
No comments:
Post a Comment