November 1, 2014

Halloween

The days of dressing up in costumes that WE want are long gone. My mom certainly didn't help with this year's theme. Lilly and mom's favorite movie is Despicable Me 2, and anything and everything minion related. So for Halloween, Lilly was a minion, mom was an evil minion, Ryan was Gru, and I was a mommy minion, with two baby minions in my tummy. We didn't really go all-out on costumes, but the end product was certainly adorable. Lilly was sick for Halloween, but was such a little trooper for trick-or-treating at Ryan's work and neighborhood wandering. When we finished trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, Lilly had a blast getting to hand out candy. She'd excitedly open the front door, spilling candy as she struggled to hold onto the heavy bowl of candy, and then say "want candy, guys?"


This is how the day started. I was worried Halloween wouldn't happen. But we stayed in bed all day, watched Disney movies, and even napped in mommy's bed, and I think that helped with feeling well enough for trick-or-treating.
This was Ryan's adult costume for work. Walter White from Breaking Bad. And yes, we do have hazmat suits just sitting around, thanks to my firefighter step-dad.

I look terrible.

Lilly loves to push me around...and crash me into things.




Her bag was so heavy, she had to carry it with both hands.

Ryan pushed me around in my wheelchair. We added a cupholder for grandma's soda, and it came in handy for holding the juice box Lilly got.

It's freaky how much Ryan looks like Gru

One boy and one girl baby minion. I didn't feel like trying to hunt down overalls that were big enough to fit my huge belly



Someone is excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment