Ryan and I wanted to stay in Yellowstone through Monday, even though all of his family left on Sunday. We could explore a few more favorite hot spots in Yellowstone, then slowly work our way home through Rexburg, ID, so Ryan could show me around town and then we could visit Bear World for Lilly. Well, that's not how things went.
Family left early Sunday morning, and while we were packing up the car for our day out and about, Ryan realized that Bear World (the whole reason for staying the extra day) was actually open that day (a Sunday), and that we didn't necessarily need to stay an extra day in Yellowstone. He gave me the option of staying or going home that day. We decided it would cost us more to stay (despite not getting a refund for the cabin rental), and packed up to head home. We both felt kind of guilty, but couldn't deny that we just felt like we should go.
Lilly slept the 2 hour drive to Rexburg, then we had lunch while we drove through Bear World. Lilly thought it was way cool that there were tons of giant black bears walking right up by our car. She kept asking where the "pink bear" was, and if she could get out to pet them. After the car tour, we got out to go to the petting zoo. I don't think I've ever seen Lilly so cute with animals. If I asked her to smile for a picture, she would turn to a goat and say "smile, goat!". After we let her feed the chickens, a swarm of them gathered at her feet. I think it made her feel powerful, because she would walk around with them following her, and say "follow Yay-yay, chickens!". We got ice cream, watched the baby bears get fed, rode some rides, and then hurried back to the car before Lilly made me buy the handful of stuffed bears that she found in the gift shop.
That's when the fun started. I'll explain more about said "fun" in the next post. I will say that we returned home safely, despite the odometer saying we had only 2 miles left before we had an empty tank. As always, it was nice to be home.
 |
| Trying to share her juice with the bears |
 |
| When Lilly's a bit older, we're going to let her do this. |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| Hugging the baby deer |
 |
| "Are you the daddy deer? Where's your mommy and baby deer?" |
 |
| Queen of the chickens! |
 |
| Eating my shirt |
 |
| Apparently bear world only has ONE grizzly, and it's the first bear as you pull in, easily hidden, and easily missed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment