August 22, 2014

Aquarium Bounce-back

Continuing with our "wrapping up summer" theme, we decided to make last Saturday super fun! We went to the aquarium several months ago, and were disappointed with the lack of fish. They made up for it by offering a bounce back pass. We could all go again for free if we went before the end of this month. This time we went right as they opened, and managed to miss the crowds. It was lovely! Last time, we went around lunch time, and all of the schools were there for field trips. It was horrible having to navigate through the hundreds of people crammed in to see nothing.

Because of the lack of crowds, we got to take our time. Lilly's favorite was the shark tunnel. As we were watching the fish, a scuba diver entered the tank and started to feed the fish. Just then, he whipped out a large sign that said "Will You Marry Me," as a man knelt down and proposed to his girlfriend. It was so cute! Lilly was such a good girl the whole time, and we all had such a blast!


Just barely missed her rolling off the side of the whale
Waving to the Nemo fish


She was getting kind of sleepy



We turned around to make sure Lilly was following us, and she was holding the hand of another little girl. It was precious!

"He's seeping! Wate up, shark!"

She randomly tells me all the time "I got to touch a star fish"
I personally liked the anaconda
Penguin photobomb


He swam right up and just stared at me.
The shark that she got to hang on the wall


That night for dinner, we wanted to try out a Mongolian Grill restaurant that we saw down the street. We're suckers for Mongolian Grills. I've gotta say, I'm a huge fan of this place. LOTS of veggie options, and the drink options had their very own menu. You could flavor any soda with the fruit flavor of your choice. Some of the combinations sounded yucky, but I did raspberry lemonade, and it was yummo! The best part was that Lilly actually ate! She's so hard to feed, but when I told her we were going to eat noodles, she was totally for it. I even let her pick what to put in them...and she picked peas...just peas. Oh well. We will definitely be going back.

They had about 50 different sauce options that we could combine to make our own. I picked a great combination, and my meal was SO good. Go me!

Still working on her form
She looks upset, but this is her silly pinch-my-eyes-closed laugh, as daddy tried to give her a noodle
 


She loves to slurp her noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment