May 16, 2014

Naps, Cookies, and Shopping

This week's central theme has been naps, pretend naps, cookies, boots, and shopping. I'm still dealing with some extreme fatigue from crashing after Lilly's birthday party. I've actually been finding it quite hard to function. It certainly doesn't help that Lilly hasn't been napping at all during the day. Nap time has become two hours of playing with toys, yelling for mommy, crying, and pushing buttons on the space heater. What I wouldn't give for a nap!! But I will say this, I'll take no naps over difficulty with sleeping at night. We'll adjust! And yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, so Lilly and I teamed up to make cookies for Ryan, Susan, and Jack. 
She likes to pretend to sleep, but then keeps an eye open to peek. Then, when she sees that I'm peeking too, we both burst out laughing. It's one of my favorite games.


Such a flirt
I fell asleep on the couch, and when I woke up, she had placed Bear-bear, blankie, her hair flower, a few pieces of chalk, and the rolling pin on me. I think she was playing a game of see-how-long-it-takes-for-mommy-to-wake-up.
Getting Lilly to wear her new rain boots had me discouraged at first. She hated the things! Miraculously, she asked to put them on the other day, and didn't take them off for days. She can even put them on all by herself!! 


Boots and jammies. 
I was so desperate for a nap, I even tried laying in her bed with her. Mostly she just pretended to sleep some more, and giggled because she thought it was funny that I was in her bed.

I had to run to Target the other day, and, since she refuses to sit in the cart anymore, I let her walk around with me. The next few pictures show how difficult, yet funny the experience was.

Saying "Yay yay hiding! Peet-a-boo!"
She discovered the bottom of the cart, and now likes to ride there
I was distracted while looking at patio furniture, when all of the sudden I hear "Mommy! Loot at me!"

She yelled "Yay yay sleeping!" 
Wearing her cooking gear. I still can't get over how adorable she looked in her hat 
Turned my back for one second, and she put her rubber duck in the mixer
She managed to scoop some vegetable shortening and got it into her mouth before I could stop her. I don't think she liked it very much...

Found her like this today. I think she was considering moving out...

Every time we go out to the car, Lilly asks if she can go to the swings. It breaks my heart that I always have to say no or "later". It's gotten to the point of causing fall-on-the-ground-tantrums every time. So, since I promised her that we'd go today, we made room in our schedule for a quick visit to the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment