March 2, 2014

Evil Step Sister

I earned my title of Tami's "evil step-sister" today. Our first party of the day was her baby shower. She's due in April with her second son. Thankfully I was not hosting this shower, because I don't think I could take a second weekend straight of throwing a party...even though technically I did (more on that in the next post)....I was smitten with the cute decorations, fun games, and yummy Olive Garden salad. One game in particular put me on the "most hated" list. Here's how it went: every guest got a little blue binky necklace. If you saw another guest crossing their legs, you got to take their necklace, and the person with the most necklaces at the end of the shower, won. I took it as a challenge, and "lose" no longer became part of my vocabulary. 

Seriously, I spent all of the shower staring at people's legs. I became so competitive about this dang game!! You don't really notice how often you cross your legs until you're forced to think about not doing it. I slowly worked my way around the party, stealing everyone's necklaces. Some of the people that I confronted got a little ticked off when they realized that they had been caught crossing their legs. Once I got more than 3 necklaces, I became the target of the party. Everyone was eyeing my every move, just waiting for me to slip. I had to keep saying to myself "don't cross your legs!" I was wearing a dress, and if I had to flash a few people, just to win the game, so be it. It was such a relief when the shower came to an end, I still had my 11 necklaces and won the game. I told Tami that she could just refer to me as the "evil step-sister" when people asked her who the necklace nazi was. 

When I wasn't focused on spying on people's legs, I enjoyed getting to see all of Tami's fun gifts. I decided to forgo her registry, and got her a custom-made grey chevron changing pad cover from Etsy. She and I both have a chevron obsession right now, so I knew she'd love it, and she did. 

It's rare that I ever feel pretty, but today I put in the extra effort. I spent a least half an hour trying to braid my hair into a crown flower. Ryan said I looked "fancy." And I was proud that I was able to fit into and not hate how I looked in my yellow dress. 
Granny pants!
We had some fun taking pictures while waiting for Granny B to show up.




I know it seems like she makes this face a lot, and that she's angry, but we make her do it. If you make an angry face, she mimics it, then, when she can't keep a straight face any longer, she cracks up with a goofy smile. 
Little chalkboard mason jars. 
I couldn't tell what was the baby bump and what were the boobs of this cake. A little disproportionate, if you ask me, but still super cute.


By the end of the party, I had so many, they were clumped into a giant, tangled mess




The benefit to having so many stolen necklaces was that the kept Lilly entertained. She liked sucking on them like real binkies.



My gift to Tami


No comments:

Post a Comment