December 6, 2013

Packages, Boxes, and Bags!

Yesterday was a pretty mellow day, so I decided to get a head start on Christmas wrapping. I find myself hanging my head in shame each year, as I stare at the poorly-wrapped packages in front of me. I always think to myself "mom would be so ashamed!" I tried my best, but I still managed to have a few boxes that required patching where I underestimated how much paper I'd need. Ha! 

The only other note-worthy occurrence from yesterday was that I took down the main baby gate. I'm not entirely sure why. It could be a combination of feeling like it wasn't serving much of a purpose, getting in the way, wanting to finally have my hall back, and just being spontaneous. I can close all the doors in the hall and get the same effect, and Lilly can get more running room, so win-win. I took it down while she was napping, and when she came out of her bedroom after the nap, she stopped where the gate should be, and just looked around for it, confused. It was a her own little Berlin Wall moment in history.... "Mommy, tear down this wall!"

Remaking the bed, while LIlly and Bear-Bear played nigh-nigh. She loved to just lay down on pillows or blankies, say "nigh-nigh," and then close her eyes like she's sleeping. She always gets that cute little smirk, too. 

Showing me her jelly bean. 



I can't wait to put all of it under the tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment