November 18, 2013

3/4

Round three of four in our flying adventures! Another early morning, more chasing a baby around an airport, another sleepless flight for mommy, and another quick nap for Lilly. I don't think I can say anything differently about this flight than what I've said of the others. It was basically all the same, except for one mid-flight dirty diaper change. Once I got the changing table down, there was literally only enough space for me...and that was pushing it. Unfortunately, I dropped the clean diaper on the floor. I couldn't bend over to get it. I tried a straight down squat, but my squat form must be off, since my butt prevented me from getting all the way to the floor. In the end, I had to shimmy the diaper up my leg with my foot. It was pretty funny. Oh, and Lilly scared the lady in front of her half to death when she poked her elbow. I wasn't watching Lilly very closely, but all of the sudden the lady nearly jumps out of her chair, and when I looked over at Lilly, she was pulling her hand back from the armrest, and was looking at me like "what?".

I was back in Seattle and it felt like I never left. We ran to the store to grab more food for my little piggy (okay, and this momma piggy, too), and then headed home to continue with the unpacking. In all honesty, I would have killed for a quick nap, but that never happened. I jumped right in to unpacking and hanging pictures. At about 3, my dad remembered that Macy's was having a 20% sale that ended that night at 7. He asked if I would go shopping for him. Um, duh! Of course! Lilly and I braved the pouring rain, an unfamiliar city, and rush hour (rush hour on a Sunday? Yep.), but made it to Macy's alive. The Macy's was located in a mall, and I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find the dang thing. By the time I found it, I had spent most of that 30 minutes cursing them under my breath. I was so mad! But we got dad lots of organizing stuff and some curtains for the living room. I'll be surprised if he even notices most of it. It was nice to get out and shop, though. Lately, retail therapy has been one of my outlets, and getting to do it on someone else's dime certainly helps. :P

She fell asleep about 30 minutes before we landed, and woke up 15 minutes after that, when her ears started to bother her.
I taught Lilly how to put on chapstick. Now, every time I put some on, she insists I put some on her, too. 

I asked for cranapple juice, but the flight attendant went into this long lecture about how I should give her apple juice, since cranapple has more sugar than a soda. What he didn't know was that apple juice acts as a laxative for Lilly, and it was HIS fault that I had to change a poopy diaper mid-flight.
Once she discovered the floor, it was hard to keep her in her seat. That little pot belly is to die for!
I reserve ever giving Lilly candy for situations that I feel are sensitive. In an effort to avoid any fits, I generally give her a piece of licorice to nibble on. She liked poking everything in sight.
She loves smooshing her face up against the glass of my dad's curio cabinet.
Downtown Bellevue. Bellevue is a Microsoft-oriented city, meaning that basically everyone here is SUPER rich. (Bill Gates lives here) While at the mall, a woman and her daughter came up to say hi to Lilly. They were both decked out in Louis Vuitton and the daughter had the biggest engagement ring I'd ever seen. It was odd being amidst the "other half."
Lilly has the annoying skill of falling asleep the second we pull up to our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment