October 13, 2013

Pinwheels

One of Ryan's favorite meals, and one that I have yet to make well, is Chicken Cordon Bleu. I've attempted several different recipes for it, and still haven't found one that I really like. I was going through more recipes from my Pinterest "What Diet?" board, and came across a spin-off on Chicken Cordon Bleu, that looked a bit more creative and less time consuming than the traditional take. Well, after starting on dinner, I wanted a few words with the author of the blog post that I was reading, since she decided on the long, complicated way to do things. Despite cursing her the whole time, I was able to turn out a pretty good rendition. I was most proud of my sauce. I didn't use a recipe, and instead just threw in a few things that sounded good, and it actually tasted amazing. Ryan really liked it, but it was annoying enough to put together, I don't really think it counts as "easier" than the traditional version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. But it's yummy, so I'll probably make it again!

I took one picture with and one without sauce. The sauce kind of covered up the fun pinwheel design that I worked so hard to achieve. 




I'll post the complete recipe later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment