September 3, 2013

A Week at a Glance

Sorry for the hiatus, blog followers! I don't really have an excuse, other than just not feeling like it. But I have lots of cute pictures of Lilly to make up for it, so count that as my apology.

August 23rd was my last day of babysitting for Emma. Ben and Adele have started up preschool, so I'm officially down to watching only 2 kids a day. I'm bummed, but it is nice being able to be at my own house all day, every day. What have I been up to with all this free time? Let me show you with pictures...

Busy schedules and sick babies have "forced" me to stay home from the gym. I don't want to be the mom that gets all of the other babies sick because I was too ignorant. So, Ryan's solution (once he returns from the gym) was taking Lilly out for a stroll. Every day around 6, we take her out with her dolly stroller, and let her roam free. She looks absolutely adorable pushing it around, happy as can be. She always manages to find the playground. The slide is becoming her favorite thing to do, since the swing can only make her smile and laugh for about 1 minute before she gets bored and sits there with a frown on her face. 


I especially love how staticky her hair gets after a couple times down


Ryan surprised me with flowers, just because....which is perfect timing, because last week sometime, one of the days was National Just Because Day. 


Lilly has had lots of fun with the cats. She sure does adore her kitties, regardless of how many times they swat at her or run away. 

She climbed up on the couch and decided to poke Willow during her nap

Her and June are now food buddies. 

Snuggles for June. 
I've been doing a lot of beading. In fact, I'm proud to report that I FINISHED my HUGE project. It took 27,000 beads and a little over a month. I'll do a whole post on that later, since it's cool enough to warrant its own. 
This is me, nerding out in my new Pixel Geex shirt that Ryan had made for me. It's ginormous on me, so I actually love wearing it around the house as a jammie shirt. 
I tried to make something different for dinner every night last week. We get stuck in a rut of about 4 or 5 things that we make over and over, so I tried to get creative. One of the nights was chicken Cordon Bleu. It's only the second time since getting married that I've attempted it. It went a lot better than the first time, but still not up to my standards. Ryan liked it, though. 



We spent all of Saturday and Sunday at my mom's house. Saturday was because we needed to hog one of her TVs to watch the Notre Dame game. We only have Netflix and Apple TV, nothing live, so that's our solution for now. The game was boring, as playing a little-known team always is, so during half time, my mom, Lilly, and I all ran to Target. We found some adorable bows for Lilly. I thought she would hate having something clipped in her hair, but she adores them. When I got her up this morning, she threw a fit until I put one in her hair. 

Ryan went to get her up yesterday morning, and when she came running into the bedroom to see me, she had 3 bows in her hair. Ryan said she kept prompting him to put them in. CUTE!

She found daddy's cookies....

Notre Dame!!

On our way to grandma's house for some of Grandpa Duck's famous fried catfish! I couldn't get over how cute she looked in her church clothes, so I didn't change her out of them. 

Suffice it to say, she ended up without most of her clothes on by the time we left. 

Lilly's been kind of "off" lately. She's been acting different and being a bit difficult. Forget about meal times, feeding this girl is impossible. I'm thinking she's starting to get over whatever has been causing it, so here's to hoping Terrible Twos hasn't started yet! 

This was the morning that worried me the most. She didn't want her bottle and refused to eat anything all day. 

She likes to sit in the baby swing with her blankie and a treat
And if I let her run around with said treat, she ends up spilling it all over the floor. But at least she tries to clean it up afterwards. 

And, since she's a TV addict, this is how she entertains herself while watching

So, as you can see, we've been having lots of fun this last week. My favorite has just been getting to be silly with my girl. She makes me so happy! 

TOUCHDOWN!!

She makes silly faces now whenever I take pictures of us on my phone.

The little stinker stole my phone and took this picture of herself.

Blowing kisses!

And my personal favorite...DUCK FACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment