Everyone knows how much I hate Mondays, but yesterday was the Monday from hell. I actually thought it was going to be a good day. I woke up with Ryan around 6:30, and since I was up, I decided to stay up. Ryan left for work, and Lilly was still sleeping, so I decided to hop in the shower. About 5 minutes later, Ryan comes charging into the bathroom and says "Natalie!" and scares the living daylights out of me. We had a crisis!
He parks his car in the garage, since I park in the reserved spot, so when he went down to get into the garage, both the remote access and the keypad wouldn't work...essentially keeping him from the car. The garage has one of those handle locks that allows you to detach the door from the motor in cases such as this, but the previous owners lost the key. When Ryan texted our landlord, she told him that anything to do with the garage was our problem, and this whole issue was most likely our fault. My hubby put on his man pants and told her that was bull, since there was clearly something wrong with the actual garage, not just a dead battery or something we could control. She agreed to send out a repairman, but if he was able to determine that the remote and keypad worked, we would have to pay $65 for the visit.
I dropped Ryan off at work (thank goodness for this second car!!!), and then raced to Walmart to get more batteries for the remote. Ryan had already changed them, but this last threat by our landlord had him wondering if the batteries he used were any good to begin with. At this point it was about 8:40, when Ryan texts me and says that the repairman is going to be at our place at 9. I still have to FIND the batteries, get home, and test them. All the while, Ryan's texting me things like "hurry, hurry, hurry!," stressing the heck out of me. I raced home as fast as I could, dropped Lilly off in the house, ran down to the garage, and then about cursed the remote to death when I couldn't get it open. I finally got the battery changed out and confirmed that yes, it wasn't working, when no more than 5 seconds later, the repairman drives up. This was a very punctual repairman, let me tell ya!
I ran back upstairs while he did his thing. Lilly was having a meltdown because I left her alone. I felt absolutely terrible! I was able to get her fed and down for a nap before the repairman came up to tell me the news. He said that the problem was that the power to the garages was out. Part of me knew this, but when I proposed the idea to Ryan, he pointed out that everything was battery-operated, so we dropped that as an idea. Since the previous owners had no key to leave us for the manual entry, he put in a new lock. What a freakin' hassle that all was! I was all jittery, anxious, and stressed for the rest of the day. It didn't set a very good tone for the day, for both Ryan and I.
Luckily we were able to "relax" a little for lunch. Ryan's high school friend, Blair, was in town and wanted to meet up for lunch at Goodwood. He treated everyone to delicious steaks, and all the yummy BBQ that our tummies could hold...about 4 bites for me! Lilly colored most of the time. Her first time actually coloring, and not just eating the crayons. You better believe I saved the paper! Oh, and I'm thinking she's RIGHT-handed. Sorry, Ry!...Anyway, I'm just glad yesterday is over...
![]() |
| From left to right: Blair's wife, Blair, Blair's brother, his GF, and you know the rest... |
| coloring! |
Lilly LOVES to say hi to everyone. Once you get her going, you can't get her to stop. I'd bet she said "hi" a good 200 times during our lunch.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment