April 7, 2013

Conference Weekend

Usually our Conference weekends are mellow and easy-going. This time, however, we packed in as much family time as we could. As you can tell, we've been so busy, I haven't been able to blog. So, prepare yourself for a long post, since I have lots of pictures and stories to share.

Yesterday we snuggled up on the couch for the first session. I really enjoyed getting to cuddle Lilly...that is until she decided that it was an appropriate time to have very loud gas. Silly baby. We used the 2 hour break to run out for errands. We were able to cram in a trip to Kohl's, Joann's, UPS, and lunch. I was pretty proud of us. Lilly napped for the second session, while Ryan and I decided to watch from the comfort of our bed. I was so tired by this point, I just wanted to lay on the bed and listen, instead of sitting on the couch. Suffice it to say, I fell asleep for the last talk. I don't think I would have survived the rest of the day if I hadn't gotten that nap, though. We had to run out real quick so that Ryan could go to priesthood with the men of my family, and my mom and I had a girl's night planned. We went for a walk...more like me trying to keep up with my mom the whole time. I'm so sore today!! And then we painted toenails. Mine are Tiffany blue, and Lilly's are smudged baby pink. Yeah, I think painting baby toes is an impossible task. 

Today was more of the same running around. We got up super early to get over to my mom's for breakfast. While she cooked scones and bacon, I cut up a ton of fruit and made scrambled eggs. I think I speak for Ryan when I say that he enjoyed stuffing himself on the bacon. We all watched conference, and then Ryan and I had to run off again. We were going to spend the rest of the day up at his parent's. We got there, had dinner, and then played with Lilly while we watched more conference. Ryan's parents set up a mini tent and filled it with plastic ball pit balls. She wasn't so sure about the tent, but she sure did love playing in it with Grandma. The absolute best part of the day was when we decided to see if she'd walk for us again. She was a champ! She kept walking between Ryan and I, and eventually started crossing rooms to get to me. Proud mommy moment!! 

Anyway, this weekend has been packed, but I've loved every second that we got to spend with family.

Saturday night and Sunday morning at my mom's. Uncle Jack is smitten!

Going for our walk. We passed the church where the guys were, and we saw their car. We couldn't leave without leaving some sort of sign that we'd been there, so we stuck a Teddy Graham on the windshield. 

Sunday evening at the in-law's. I got to snuggle baby Joel for a while.

My mom bought Lilly her own little Adirondack chair to match ours. She loved it! Oh, and Snickers insisted on licking her face while we were taking pictures. 
Ugh, I hate watching videos of myself. I look terrible. Just focus on Lilly and how good she's getting at walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment