April 18, 2013

Bead Art

The past two nights, Ryan and I have enjoyed getting to perfect our new beading hobby. I jumped right in for the hard stuff. Ryan scolded me and told me to start easy and then work up to doing the hard stuff...people's faces to be exact. I told him that I had confidence in my abilities. Well, about 1/3 of the way through doing Lilly's face, I started to question if it would even look good. Once I finished, I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that it did indeed look like Lilly. Ryan said, and I quote, "wow, I'm impressed." That's typical Ryan for ya, though. He usually doubts a project that I'm doing, and is never on board until it's done.

I've since completed mine and Ryan's faces. I'll admit, Ryan's head turned out a tad bit smaller than I would have liked, and my face was pudgier than I remember it being, but, all-in-all, I think they're spot on! Next step is to frame them. :D 

I realized after putting the real-life comparison picture up, that looking at them makes the beads looks that much worse. But step away from your computer about 20 feet, and you'll see what I mean. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment