I had one of those days where I was too tired and too lazy to make a full meal for dinner, so I decided to go with Hamburger Helper to continue on my lazy tangent. I got everything ready, only to realize that I didn't have any milk. Really?! I was torn...do I get my act together and actually defrost the chicken in the freezer and chop lettuce for a salad, do I send Ryan out for milk, or do I wait until he's home to spring the news on him, and hope that he'll go out to grab dinner? Option one was out. I was still too lazy. Option two was being considered, but option three sounded fabulous. By the time Ryan got home, I was stuck on the couch with a napping baby, so he told me he'd just make his own dinner. Terrible wife moment! When I asked him what he was going to make for dinner, his response was what it ALWAYS is...chocolate chip muffins. It's the only recipe that he has memorized, and he literally makes them any time I don't want to cook.
I'm not the biggest fan of them for dinner. They're too desserty for me. But, they sent my mind and my cravings down a path of sweets. Suddenly chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins sounded awesome. But, alas, I was still too lazy. Ironically, I ended up having to send him out for milk anyway, as his recipe called for it. While he was gone (with Lilly!), I slaved away at a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. I'm sad to report that I lost about half of them. I was playing with Lilly in the other room, and my timer didn't turn on (even though I hit it), so the lovely smell of burnt cookies reminded me that I had two trays in the oven. DANGIT! Thank goodness I made a double batch!
Now that Lilly's in bed, we shall enjoy a quiet evening with our fresh-baked goods. Then I think I'm going to bed super early. I was so beyond exhausted today. I couldn't even keep my eyes open.
No comments:
Post a Comment