November 8, 2012

Lilly's Long Day

Sheesh, I've been a busy mom this week. Every day this week, I've had something to go to and no time at home. I guess that's a good thing, but it definitely makes routines hard. Today I spent most of the day making a card order. I was surprised that Lilly allowed me to get so many made before getting upset that I wasn't paying attention to her. I was able to get her to take a nap at one point, and when I walked out of the office, I laughed at what I saw. I usually tuck her in with a blankie and put a few toys on top. I walked in and found her snuggling her teddy. He was nuzzled down into the blanket, under her protective arm. It was darling. 

Ryan came home at lunch, and since I had to do kitty litter real quick, I asked him to watch her. Turns out, when you leave daddy with baby, he invents random toys to keep her occupied. I found her sitting in her high chair, with the spare keyboard on the tray. She was so focused on pecking the keys. I got a video of it, and the whole time she has her eyebrows furrowed so intensely. We're creating a monster!

This evening I had a seminar to go to at St. Marks hospital, and since Ryan had school, I had to take Lilly with me. Luckily, my mom came too, since I didn't have the car. It was a long hour and a half with a chatty baby. I was "that" lady with the loud baby. My mom said it was cute, but I was kind of embarrassed. Another late night for Miss Lilly, since we didn't even get her a bath until 8 and in bed until 9:30. I'm hoping that means she'll sleep in later.




No comments:

Post a Comment