To answer my own question, sleeping with a cranky baby in the next room and sleeping with dozens of electrodes glued to my skin are, in fact, about equal on the quality of sleep scale. I had countless wires glued to my scalp, two glued to my eyes, two on my chin, two on my legs, my neck, EKG monitors on my chest, belts around my waist, an O2 monitor on my finger, and a nasal cannula in my nose. So, you want me to "sleep normally"? The hardest part about the whole experience was getting to sleep. On top of all of the wires, there was a camera right above my bed. If that isn't creepy, I don't know what is. I couldn't get to sleep because I knew they were monitoring me. I wondered if they could see the rise in my heart rate every time I got anxious...because it happened a lot. I did manage to eventually fall asleep, but it was hard to get comfortable when every time I wanted to roll, I had to make sure my wires came with me. The technician must be related to my mom. To wake me up this morning, he just walked in, flicked on the light, and said "time to get up!" Ugh, I hate the flick-on-the-light method! I was just anxious to get home to rescue Ryan...and I got home right in time. I walked inside to see Ryan come running out of Lilly's room, with poop all over his hands. I poked my head into her room, and there she was, laying on her changing table, naked, playing with her toes and sucking on her thumb, happy as can be. Ha! Let's not do that again...

 |
| All of these wires attached to my head |
 |
| Notice how they placed the wires on my double chin...yeah, I'm not thrilled that I'm posting this picture, but I needed you to see the torture that I went through last night. |
No comments:
Post a Comment