Now that we're a one-car family, about once a week, I ask Ryan for the car. That entails me getting up at the crack of dawn with him so that I can drop him off at work. Then I have to drop everything I'm doing at around 3:30 to pick him up. It's really not that bad, it just means I miss out on much-needed sleep. Usually I dread it, but today I embraced it.
As always, I packed everything I needed to do into one day. My "To Do" list has been getting annoyingly long. I needed one little thing here and another thing there, needed to return something there... After I dropped Ryan off at work at 8, the fun began. I started at Walmart, then Lowe's, then mom's house up north, then Home Depot, then Costco, then Carter's, then a trip to the old apartment to pick up mail, then Hobby Lobby, then IKEA. Why did I go to both Lowe's AND Home Depot, you ask? Well, the short answer is...because I'm dumb. The long answer is because 2 weeks ago when we moved in, we sent my mother out to get copies of all of the keys. Just like at the old place, none of them worked. Not paying attention, I walked right into Lowe's, went to the customer service desk, explained my predicament, and then looked like a complete idiot when the woman said "um, this is a Home Depot receipt." Yep, always helps to look at the receipt before you enter the store. Sheesh! Anyone who has shopped with a baby knows that even just entering the store takes forever. You have to load up the baby, in my case, you have to fight to get the car seat to unhook from the base, and then unload everything. It's never going to be a case of "in and out" ever again. Oh, and the best part? None of the keys work! Three strikes, Home Depot...YOU'RE OUT!
Anyway, Lilly was such a good girl. She's totally becoming my shopping buddy. In Walmart, she held my tablet while I checked off items. In IKEA, she snuggled up to the new, VERY soft bathroom mat, and when we got home, she even let me use her stroller to get everything inside. Kid you not, I was out shopping until 2 o'clock. Hey, I got everything off my list, and 9 stops in 6 hours, with a baby, is pretty good. I even got the manly-man customer service guy at Home Depot to talk baby-talk to Lilly. I only had about 1 1/2 hours when I got home to play with all my new toys before I had to leave to pick up Ryan. Then we had another round of shopping, since Monday is grocery shopping day. When we got home, I hurried to make dinner, clean, and appear presentable before Erin, Drew, and my still-cooking little nephew came over for dinner. Erin got Ryan the best birthday present. I'm pretending she bought it for me, more than she did for Ryan. I can't wait to use it!
 |
| Holding mommy's tablet. |
 |
| She LOVED the rug. It's so soft, I swear I could use it as a blanket if needed. (Oh, and notice how I keep my wallet handy...right next to the baby's head. Ha!) |
 |
| Yep, I'm that lazy. I loaded everything up and rolled it in (Lilly was already inside). I had to make about 6 trips up the stairs, and boy was I glad it didn't include walking all the way out to the car each time. Our parking spot isn't exactly close. Let me explain some things that you see in the picture...First, the Target popcorn. Ryan's favorite snack in the world is the popcorn from the cafe in Target. He's made a recent rule that if I want to shop at Target, I HAVE to buy him popcorn. So I did...and I managed to get it home in the car without losing one piece. Second, the LARGE Diet Coke from McDonald's. Sometimes a girl just needs a drink. |
 |
| Okay, this is dumb, but I thought I'd share because it's also funny. When I picked up Ryan today, I literally gasped when I saw him. He never wears his glasses. He was wearing them for some reason, and OH MAN did he look handsome dressed up in work clothes and glasses. My very handsome hubby! |
 |
| Aunt Erin for dessert. YUM! She enjoyed getting to use your baby bump as a seat, Erin. :D |
 |
| Isn't this adorable?! Looks like it's Yoda scones for breakfast on Saturday! Thanks, Erin! |
No comments:
Post a Comment