Today was a crazy, chaotic day. I wanted so badly to sleep in, but Lilly wasn't having it...even after I fed her and put her back to bed. I swear, she knows when I'm trying to sleep. If I'm up and cleaning the house, she's quiet and will sleep all day. If I'm trying to sleep, she's screaming and won't let me put her down. But hey, I look at it as a blessing. Before she came, all I did was lay in bed all day, wallowing in self pity. She keeps me up and moving. I feel so complete and productive. The fact that I can manage taking care of my little girl, taking care of my husband, all the while keeping my house clean and tidy, it makes me feel so amazing. I love being a mom! Anyway, we were invited to join my mom, Jeff, and Jack for their late FHE activity. My mom has spent weeks planning out a visit to the cemetery where all of the prophets are buried. She collected quotes, teachings, and stories of each one, and we were to wander around to each grave. Pushing a stroller up hills, through grass, and over head stones was very difficult, but I was thankful that I was even physically able to. I so love not being pregnant and gimpy anymore. Baby girl didn't last long though. The constant jostling of the stroller, and the fact that it was her dinner time, were upsetting her to the point of screaming bloody murder for most of the outing. On our way home, we had to stop at a Taco Bell to beg for a cup of water because I was too ditzy to remember to bring some to make a bottle. Even though it was what felt like a very long day, I really enjoyed getting to spend the evening visiting the graves of past prophets. These great men laid the foundation for the church that I love so much. Getting to share this time with my family and Lilly was so memorable. At one point, when Lilly was screaming, I picked her up, sat on a bench next to a prophet's grave, overlooking the beautiful valley and the cemetery, and started to sing "Consider the Lilies". We looked at each other as she calmed down and I could feel the spirit so strongly. (I think my mom snuck a picture, so I'll upload it later...)
 |
| Uncle Jack attempting to maneuver around the headstones. |
 |
| President Gordon B. Hinckley |
No comments:
Post a Comment