After a quick nap, we all headed to the temple one "last" time. I figured having a newborn would make it hard to go for a bit, so I wanted to get in a session. We certainly had lots to pray about. This was my first ever time going to the temple with my whole family, Jack included. It was so special! I'm sure once I'm able, we'll be going weekly with Jack.
Another recent "last" was today. I told earlier about how we had a birthday lunch planned with Jack. We were finally able to squeeze it in today. Throughout his entire mission, he and I would reminisce about all of the times I would take him out for Chinese food when I was pregnant with Easton. If I had a craving, I had Jack there by my side as my food buddy. So I told him that his birthday present from us would be lunch at our new favorite buffet. He was so excited. I don't think he talked all that much during lunch because he was so distracted with his food. This was somewhat of a "last meal" for me, since I have to start fasting in preparation for tomorrow's surgery. I thought I'd be hungrier, considering it was Chinese food, but I just wasn't that into it today. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I've been having lots of contractions. They really do turn me off of most pleasures in life. Haha!
Welp, I just wanted to get off one last blog post before the bambino arrives. TOMORROW! Oh my heck, we're so excited. I spent ALLLLL day cleaning. We both got to bed around 1:00 AM because we stayed up talking, so this morning, when we both got up at 6:30, we totally regretted that decision. I feel totally and completely exhausted in a way that I haven't felt in a long time. I tried to break up chores with small naps. The sheets on the bed had to be cleaned, so I put those in, plopped on the bare bed for a quick nap before lunch, came home after lunch, did more laundry, vacuumed a bit, and then fell asleep while watching Wall-E. But I'm hoping the fact that we're both tired will help us sleep tonight. I didn't initially think I'd be able to because of anxiety, but honestly, I think the degree of exhaustion I'm feeling will numb any other emotions. I guess it's a good start since tomorrow begins a life of no sleep....We go in tomorrow at 4:30 AM to begin the fun. I'm not sure of when my next post will be, but you can bet it's going to be one awesomely cute post! Ciao!!
![]() |
| Knock, knock! |
![]() |
| Not really sure why I was making that face, but you know.... |











No comments:
Post a Comment