I'm excited about this post. I'll share some back-story first. When we found out I was pregnant, we were actually scared to tell my dad. Something about how sour the Easton situation went just made me scared that he would react the same way. Different circumstances this time. When we told him, he was surprisingly excited. Each time we informed him about something new (the gender, the due date, etc), he got more and more excited. I think he was most happy about the fact that we were naming her after his mom. By the time Lilly arrived, he was emailing me and calling me every day to tell me how excited he was to come and visit. I had never seen my dad interact with babies, so I was just as excited to see how he would be with his granddaughter. He flew in on May 17th for the big "unveiling". When I first saw him, I about dropped the baby when I saw how incredibly skinny he was. I visited him in September (when I first found out I was pregnant) to take care of him after his surgery, and I never thought he'd look so small. Once I could regain focus, I handed him Lilly. Even having raised 3 kids, he was so nervous and unsure about holding her. He was so scared every time he moved her or she moved. It was cute. They sat and stared at each other for a few minutes, and then they both fell asleep together. He was very tired from his day of travels. He only stayed for 3 days, but he loved every second that he got with Lilly. He came over to our house and was watching her sleep in her crib, all the while saying "wow...this is neat...she's beautiful." He was so in love with her! When we finally had to say goodbye to Grandpa Griffin, his final words were, "you're a good mommy, Nanny!" Ahh, I love my dad. I can't wait for the next time we get to see him.
 |
| Waiting for grandpa to arrive... |
 |
| All geared up in her Notre Dame flower headband and booties. |
 |
| It meant a lot to me that I could get a picture of Lilly with both my parents. It's rare that I ever see them both together. I will forever love this picture. |
 |
| He passed right out |
No comments:
Post a Comment