1) Ryan continues to be the sweetest, most loving person I know. I thought the man I married was the epitome of love, but he's since proven that there is so much more to him.
2) Don't take the covers from Ryan. If I roll in the middle of the night and take so much as a fraction of the blankets, Ryan reflexively tugs them back...violently. :P Whether he's asleep or not, this is a funny reflex to test.
3) Ryan has a bacon addiction, worse than my addiction to Chinese food...well, he has an addiction to meat for that matter. It makes me happy if I can slip bacon into a meal, just to hear him whine with happiness while eating.
4) Ryan is a really good masseuse. He's proven to be very good at randomly sitting on the bed, grabbing my foot, and rubbing it.
5) He loves to make me happy. If I'm whining about something or wanting to go out, he'll do whatever he can to fix the issue. He even takes me out to eat at places that he hates, just to see me smile.
6) He will take any opportunity to "do" chores, just to prove that he's not good at them. He lives under the motto (and he says this every time) "if you do it wrong enough times, they won't ask you to do it again." It makes me laugh! He does that as a joke, but if I ask him seriously to do something, he does a very good job.
7) Besides bacon, Ryan could live off of Dr. Pepper. He doesn't get to enjoy it much anymore because of his acid reflux, but it's his guilty pleasure. For now he's happy filling the void with Kool-aid. I'd be curious to know how many gallons of Kool-aid we've had since we got married.
8) Ryan is twice the person I am. He is ALWAYS the first to give a heart-felt apology. He never wants to see me cry or to think he hurt me. Even if I'm at fault, he's quick to apologize to make me feel better.
9) He is such a hard-working man. He has 1 full-time job, 2 side jobs, and goes to Master's School at night. Some nights, he doesn't get home until 9:30. As tired as he is, he continues to work himself so hard so that he can provide for us. I know with all my heart, I wouldn't be able to do what he does. He's my hero.
10) He does NOT stick to the "please stop" rule when tickling. It's a rule that if I say "please stop" while he's tickling me, he has to stop. It's something his parents started with him and his siblings. Well, he's decided that it doesn't apply to me, so I end up screaming "STOOOPPPP!" while kicking and smacking him.
I love my Ryan so much. In just one year we've moved twice, adopted 2 kitties, are expecting our first baby, and have been through so many ups and downs. But we've always come out of the situations laughing and feeling more in love than when we started. Considering how amazing this first year was, I can't wait to experience everything that the years ahead have to offer.
It only took me a year, but I finished our wedding video!

(Day 261)

No comments:
Post a Comment