I've been telling Ryan about a restaurant that I've been going to literally since I was born. It's called "The Belgian Waffle". I can only hope that my Utah friends will know what I'm talking about. I have so many good family memories there. I wanted Ryan to go, and what do ya know, it's pretty close to where we live. We had a lot to do today, but Ryan suggested that it would be fun to go to breakfast. Unfortunately, we decided to sort out our priorities first and decided that getting our car dealt with was most important and that breakfast could wait a bit. We had hoped it would be as simple as going to the DMV (we just had to get the title switched over from my dad's name to my name), but no such luck. In order to change the title, the emissions and safety certificates must be less than 60 days old. We got ours done in May. Dang! So we ran out to get the tests redone and ran back out to the DMV. Who would have thought that the DMV was the quicker of the two? Sheesh, we waited for over an hour for the tests to be done. I was getting a little irritable because I hadn't eaten breakfast, it was inching towards noon, and my morning sickness was bad (and getting worse from not having anything in my tummy). FINALLY we were able to go to breakfast....at 12:30. I didn't care that it was lunch time, I wanted my breakfast. I always get what's called "Garbage Hash." It's hashbrowns with bacon, ham, and lots of yummy veggies. And it's not the run-of-the-mill hasbrowns that everyone else uses. It's just real, sliced potatoes (Ryan would have said something like "as opposed to fake potatoes?"). I also ordered a side of over-medium eggs. Ryan got the famous Belgian Waffle and sausage, of course. As delicious as my hashbrowns were, what did it for me was the sourdough toast. SO buttery and yummy! I even had leftovers to have for dinner.


I covered this thing in Tabasco sauce! I've been craving spicy!

I must have been hungrier than I thought because I almost immediately spilled egg yolk and jelly on my shirt. But I've always been known in my family as being the first to spill on myself. I have to live up to that!
Bon Voyage, friends! We're setting sail tomorrow! I'm allowing myself to skip blogging (it's not like I could, the ship doesn't have internet), so I'll just have to fill everyone in when we get back. And in the words of Truman (from "The Truman Show") "In case I don't see ya! Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

(Day 183)
Only on of my favorite breakfast places to eat! SOOO good! Brian, of all people, didn't even know what it was! I lived further away from it then he did growing up! :)
ReplyDelete