October 1, 2011

I Need More Days Like Today

Today was a good day. Here's why...

It started off with me being a good wife and making us French toast for breakfast. YUM! Then, we snuggled down for conference. I love conference. And apparently so do the kitties. They loved getting to nap in-between us or on Ryan's computer chair. Usually they'll insist on making a ruckus when we're trying to watch something. They were well-behaved today. I will talk more about conference and my favorite talks in tomorrow's post. I want to give a complete run-down. But there was one talk that Ryan and I both knew was for us. I can't wait to talk about it.

I don't know why, but French toast and eggs just sounded amazing...too bad I used all the eggs to make the French toast. Oh well, it was still amazing.

They love Ryan's computer chair for some reason. That, combined with the soft speaking & peaceful music of conference, they were out.

I LOVE my Junie

After the second session of conference, we were invited, last minute, to go to the Utah football game. I wasn't sure if my body would be up for it, but it did sound like it would be fun. We had an adventure on Trax and got there just in time for the game. I have to admit, it was a lot more fun than I'd thought it would be. The fresh air and exciting atmosphere where just what I needed. Suffice it to say, Utah lost, but hey, they're not my team, so I don't care. We had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter anyway. I was starting to get low blood sugar shakes and I also wanted to beat the traffic. The game was going nowhere fast, so I didn't feel too guilty.

The picture on the far right was of the lone Washington fan, stuck amongst the hundreds of angry Utah fans. I thought it was funny.

When we got home, I made dinner, and we settled down to watch our second football game of the evening. We only made it to half time. It was getting late, and since I always insist on watching my Notre Dame with a clear mind, I thought we should watch the rest of the game tomorrow. Not ideal, but I'm excited to see how badly we smear Purdue.

Here's to more conference tomorrow...I wish I could say "more French toast," but I can't.



(Day 164)

No comments:

Post a Comment