August 13, 2011

In The Groove...

For the past two weeks, since Ryan and I both started working full-time jobs, we've gotten into this lovely groove of life. I know Ryan will probably tell you that he doesn't care much for how things are, only because it feels like all we do is work, sleep, work, sleep, and that there's no time for fun. But I happen to like how we are both bringing in money, both come home and make dinner, and spend time together. It feels natural. Hopefully when we move in a few weeks, we can have more time to do fun things, but I happen to be enjoying the routine of life.

Something that we've just started doing is playing XBOX together at night. Ryan's favorite thing in the world to do is play video games. And my favorite thing in the world is to complain about how Ryan doesn't spend enough time with me because of those games. Our middle-ground was deciding that we should play together. That way Ryan gets games and I get Ryan. And I also felt like the very expensive XBOX that I bought him for Christmas wasn't getting used. Win-win! Funny side note, when I bought the XBOX, Ryan went accessory crazy and wanted to buy a bunch of games/controllers. I told him my only request, if he wanted me to play with him, is that I wanted a pink controller; a controller to call mine. No one touches Nanny's pink controller! We hooked the game up to the projector, and play it from the bed. While it's fun, it makes me really tired, really fast.

We had a very productive day today. We got up at 8, enjoyed breakfast, cleaned up the place, started packing, ran out and did errands, grocery shopped, got an oil change, then came home and had lunch, played XBOX, packed some more, made dinner, played more XBOX, and now we're watching "Muppet Treasure Island." Thank Goodness for weekends!



(Day 116)

No comments:

Post a Comment