The trouble all began when I got home. She immediately threw up 3 times when we walked in the door. I didn't know a kitten that small could hold that much in her tummy. I just brushed it off as a side effect of the shots. It wasn't until demon kitty appeared that I knew something was wrong. She had a severe allergic reaction to the shots. She turned red (you know you're cat's red when you can see it even through her fur), became so itchy that she literally could not sit down for more than 5 seconds before spazzing out, and had some swelling in her neck. This exact thing (maybe not this severe) happened to Junie when she got hers last week. After thinking about it, I thought maybe it was the antibiotic that they were both on at the time. Some Googling online informed me that I could give her some Benadryl to help with the symptoms. I played doctor by opening a capsule, took about about 2 mg, put it into a spoon to dilute it with water (yes, I totally felt like a druggy by doing this), and then put it into a plunger syringe to get it into her mouth. Pssh, easier said than done! Because she was so uncomfortable, she wouldn't let me hold her. We played kitty wrestle mania for about 5 minutes before I could actually get the syringe into her mouth. I even ended up with my shirt off! After the first few minutes of fighting, I ripped it off and wrapped her in it to try and get her to stop wiggling. Haha! Whatever works! Anyway, the Benadryl didn't help, so I ended up taking her to the vet. They gave her a shot of Cortizone steroid. Poor thing had to get her temperature taken 2 times today and had to get 3 shots. After getting her home, we both took a nap. I was leery that she would, since she was having a hard time sitting still before, but I was relieved when she passed out. She's 100% again! Why do cats have to be so expensive? We thought they were cheap! $25 each to adopt, $150 each for the first vet visit, $100 + for toys/food/litter/ect, and $150 each to have spayed & declawed. Not to mention the random expenses of medicine and whatnot that spring up. Sheesh! You'd think we bought a pure bread puppy or something!
That was Willow's day. Now on to Junie. Junie was actually pretty well-behaved for most of the day....that is until food came into the picture. After a day of running around, I decided that I deserved some lunch. So I went to my favorite place, Panda Express! I didn't even get to eat it because the second I got home, I had to take Willow to the vet. So I hopped into the shower, and since Junie knew that I had food, she assumed I took it in the shower with me. This cat will seriously do anything for food, it's ridiculous. I pulled back the shower curtain to grab for my towel, and what did I see? Junie, straddling the bar above me, holding on for dear life. Ha! Her punishment was waiting for me to run and grab my camera while she held on. I can't wait to have her claws gone! Then I came out of the bathroom to find her sitting on my takeout box. She wanted the food, but didn't know how to get it, so she just sat in the bag with the food. After my nap with Willow, I decided to finally fold the basket of white clothes that's been sitting on the floor since Monday. (Hey, I hate doin' laundry, what can I say?) I usually just pile them on my lap to sort them out, but this time Junie took that as an invite to go to sleep on the fresh, soft clothes. She looked so cute, I just couldn't move her, so I folded around her. Ha! Thankfully Junie was able to keep me laughing during the stressful time with Willow. I sure do love my kitties!


(Day 107)


No comments:
Post a Comment