Long story short, my dad pays the insurance on my car until October, so we can't sign over the title until then. Since HIS name is on the title, they sent our registration stickers to his address...an address that he no longer lives at. We have been so busy with life, and just assumed it was taken care of, so the other day when we found a ticket on our windshield for expired tags, we weren't too happy. We had to have my dad write a letter, giving us permission to handle matters on the car (since my name isn't on the title), took that into the DMV, got our tags, and then headed over to the court to dispute the ticket. Even though we have proof of registration, they wouldn't wave the ticket. Really?! Okay fine.
Then when we got home, I got a letter in the mail that made my day even worse. Another LONG story short, I lost (okay, just permanently misplaced) our marriage certificate, so I went online to order new ones last week. What an annoyingly long process that was. But I did it. I wasn't happy about the $50 that I had to spend, but I need the certificate to have my passport changed so that we can go on our cruise. Well, this letter basically stated that they were unable to find our certificate, but were still going to keep the $50. Oh no you're not!!! I spent over an hour on the phone, talked to a dozen people, lost my temper a few times, and successfully received a refund. Buuut, since our government is proving it's complete incompetency today, we had to drive all the way down to SLC to get the certificates. AND THEY ONLY COST $5!! Oh my heck! I was SO mad.
But now my passport is getting updated, and we're no longer "riding dirty" with expired tags. I just wish sometimes things could go smoothly for us. It seems like everything we go through has to have lots of hoops to jump through. I don't know why, but I guess maybe we're just blessed with lots of things that make us stronger in the end. We're both just really good at dealing with issues now.
It took literally all day, but now we're home, I'm getting to clean up the place (woo!), Ryan's heading over to a friend's house to game, and I get to eat my Brixton's leftovers. Ahh, that's more like it. Did I mention that Ryan has the rest of the week off of work? I just feel badly that we wasted an entire day off with all of this stupid drama. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Oh, and I have to tell a story about last night. As you know, Ryan and I have been having bug issues. His parents gave us some spray last night. That was going to be today's agenda; pull out the bed and spray along the baseboards. We didn't have to wait that long. We've started doing the "bug check" before bed each night. Basically that entails pulling off all of the bedding and checking all of the pillows for bugs. Once that was complete, we settled in for the night. We were both just falling asleep (at midnight) when Ryan jumped up and gasped. I immediately knew why. He flicked on the lamp while I just sat there, stiff as a board. I knew that whatever bug was crawling on him would only get lost in the bed if I jumped up too. Once Ryan determined that it was gone, I jumped out of bed and said "Okay, that's it! We're spraying NOW!" By then it was too late, because I looked down at my leg, and whatever was in the bed had gotten in a few bites. I spent all night itching...We pulled out the bed, only to find where the bug party was at. LOTS of spiders and earwigs under there. BLEH! It took us about a half hour of snipping at each other because we were both tired and frustrated. And then what do I find when I get up this morning? SPIDERS AND EARWIGS crawling around by the bed. Oh come on!! I think we're going to need stronger spray, and are going to need to dedicate more time to thoroughly spraying the bedroom. I've about had enough...no, I HAVE had enough of these bugs.
Between the government and their lack of communication, my stupid, broken vacuum, and all of the bugs, I just need a vacation. Or perhaps a nice, long nap. But naps don't come easily anymore because of the bugs.
(I was searching on Google for pictures of the bugs that we're finding in our bed, and I actually had to just give up because I was getting so creeped-out by the pictures. So that's my excuse as to why there are no pictures on this post.)

(Day 92)

No comments:
Post a Comment