
I know some of my previous posts have indicated that I don't care much for our apartment and think it's no where near being a home, but now that we're back from Seattle, I couldn't love it more.
I don't know how many of you read my late night venting post that I did yesterday. I've since taken it down. I will fill in the gaps though. We finally found Clay in downtown Bellevue, got him some food, took him to the airport, bought him ANOTHER plane ticket, and sent him on his way. The best news I received this whole trip was a text from my mom this morning saying "Clay is home." I had one of the worst melt downs that I've had in years because of how worried I was about Clay. The whole situation was incredibly frustrating and I felt trapped in the middle. I've since reconciled with my dad and he's not mad at me, only at Clay and the situation that he got himself into. At least everyone understands that my reaction was out of love for my brother.
Anyway, now that that whole terrible mess is over, I can share the fun stories from today. It was our last day in Seattle and we didn't have much time. My dad took us to a little peninsula across from downtown Seattle. I went last time I was up with my brothers, and we really loved it. We walked the dog and enjoyed the cool breeze. Then we noticed a fish and chips place that claims that it's the oldest/best fast food joint in Seattle. (And in my opinion, the most expensive.) Sheesh! We all got fish and chips, and it cost $40. It was yummy and we enjoyed the view while we ate, but still, $40? Really?


Ginger's never gotten the chance to try out swimming, so my dad dragged her along to see what she would do. She seemed a little terrified at first, but her doggy instincts kicked in and she paddled along. I still don't think she liked it much.
After our lunch, we went down to the beach. My dad was pooped, so he laid out on the cement and took a power nap, while Ryan and I walked up and down the beach with Ginger. I swear my dad can sleep anywhere! Our walk was followed by a relaxing drive around the little peninsula, looking at all of the expensive, gorgeous beach houses.





I thought it would be kind of funny if he rolled off onto the sand. Hehe!
The trip ended too soon, and had maybe a bit more drama than I needed, but when I cut out the times when we were dealing with Clay, we really did have a blast. We've been extended the invite to return whenever we'd like, and we're already making plans for what to do next time we go up. I love my dad so much, and I'm so thankful that he treated us to such and amazing vacation.
This was the free picture that we got while in the Spaceneedle. We thought we were going to have to pay for it, so we decided to do something stupid like sleep. Well, turns out it was free, so we get to remember that day with this gem of a picture.
This was the free picture that we got while in the Spaceneedle. We thought we were going to have to pay for it, so we decided to do something stupid like sleep. Well, turns out it was free, so we get to remember that day with this gem of a picture.In other news. I forgot to share this before we left for vacation. I've lost another 11 pounds! That now puts me at a loss of 21 pounds! I'm going to give myself some time before I weigh again, considering how I treated myself more than I should have on this trip. But I'm so happy that I'm seeing results. Not only seeing, but feeling them emotionally as well. Couldn't be happier!

(Day 41)




No comments:
Post a Comment