I have been waiting for this day for what seems like, well, a year. Today is mine and Ryan's 1 year anniversary of our first date: the first time I fell madly in love with someone: one of the best days of my life. All of the above. Ryan's been hinting that he's had something big planned for sometime, so I've been really excited. Well, he let me sleep in, and then told me to pack an overnight bag. Hmmm. We decided to do another temple session today (It's becoming a Saturday routine, and I seriously love it), then we went to dinner at Tucano's Brazilian Grill. It's identical to my favorite restaurant, Rodizio Grill, but cheaper. We stuffed ourselves silly on some seriously delicious meats! Then Ryan told me the big surprise. Or so I thought. We were going to spend the night at the Anniversary Inn. All I knew about this hotel was that each room is themed. I'd seen news stories done about it, and they'd shown jungle themes, and log cabin themes. Well, the BEST part of the day was when we got to our room and I looked at the sign on the door that said "TWILIGHT". I freaked out right in the middle of the hall! Well, I freaked out for real when we got inside. My husband is seriously the best! He knows how much I love Twilight.
Warning, overload of pictures!!

With the gorgeous tulips outside of the temple. Probably one of the most important sessions I've been to. .... I'll explain later.




Eating a chicken heart. I told him I wouldn't kiss him if he ate it. I couldn't keep my end of the threat.

I had to explain to Ryan how all of this pertained to Twilight. Haha! He's not really a fan.

Nice big tub & waterfall in the corner of the room. Ahh, so relaxing!

All the pillows said "Edward & Bella"....and no, Ryan did not bite the pillows. Haha, thanks for that one, Karlee! (book reference if you have no idea what I'm talking about)





My apple cider, in my bloody martini glass. :D
I can't believe Ryan and I have been together for a year. He's been the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I love him more than life itself. I'm so grateful that I get to spend eternity with him. He made the day so special. It's a day that I'll NEVER forget. I just can't wait to see how he one-ups himself on our wedding anniversary.

(Day 26)
No comments:
Post a Comment