April 27, 2011

OCD



The acronym "OCD" is no longer just a disease; to me it has now become a verb. Another disease I'm well-informed about is bipolar disorder. Together these two are my buddies. I sleep until about 11 everyday (not as pleasant as it sounds) and once I let my bipolar's depressive state wash off in the shower, the manic state kicks in, thereby letting the OCD have a turn at running my day. Today was one such day. It's pretty funny how my days usually go actually. I roll over at 11 and think to myself "ugh, I'm just going to sleep for the rest of the day." No more than 20 minutes later, I'm up, in the shower, and planning my day. I can go from hating the day to seeing so much potential in it. Today my list of chores was incredibly extensive. About once a week I get REALLY OCD. I don't just do the dishes or make the bed; I clean the sheets, vacuum (hardcore vacuuming that breaks a sweat), do kitty litter, and maybe organize little nooks & crannies around the apartment.

My pantry was today's victim. It's been accumulating a lot of food lately. And most of it has been thrown up onto the top shelf because we have ants that like to get into whatever is on the floor. (I found this out the hard way last week when I poured my cereal and there were ants in it...don't worry, I noticed before I ate any). I'm proud to report that the pantry is all spick & span now. What's my next OCD victim? I'm thinking our storage unit, in which we've thrown all of our boxes of random junk into. And who knows, I may find some treasures!


P.S. I'm incredibly proud of myself, therefore, I get to brag. I did it again! I did a double workout today!! I think the "old" Natalie is slowly coming back.


(Day 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment