Once I cleaned up my mess from the storage unit project, I wanted to put my new-found treasures to good use. First was my Notre Dame flag. I haven't really had a place to put this except for my car. I didn't put it on my car because seeing as I'm in Utah, (and most Utahns are still sore from the most recent butt kicking that Notre Dame left the Utes with) I didn't want to have either it or my car vandalized. So I decided that since our apartment is in the back of the unit, it'd most likely be safe there.

Next was another wall sticker. If you recall my post from back in February, where I hung the quote "When I count my blessings, I count you twice" above our bed, this went pretty much the exact same way. The sticker did NOT want to come off the backing, so yet again I had to peel off each letter and place them myself. LAME! The letters were much larger this time, and in far less quantity too, so it was pretty painless....just annoying. I hung them above our frame in the kitchen.

And lastly, I found my curtains that I bought for my apartment in Omaha. I fell in love because they're polka dot AND blue & brown. Well, they didn't really fit in with our new decor in this apartment, so we didn't hang them. I decided to use them in a unique way. Our close
t has a door, but won't close because I have a stack of drawers to hold all of my jewelry and such, preventing the door from shutting. (See picture to the right). To me, it's worth the trade-off. But anyway, to allow for some privacy and a little flair to the room, I decided to make a closet curtain. It looks kind of nifty. I'm not sure that I love it yet. It may still need some tweeking, but I think it will stay. (well, I say that now because Ryan hasn't seen it yet. Come tomorrow, that may be another story. :P )



No comments:
Post a Comment