
Today marks our 3 month anniversary! Woo! Marriage is work. Marriage takes lots of patience and communication. But once you can find a rhythm, it's bliss. I look forward to many more months and years to come.
Ryan came home today and gave me a bouquet of pretty flowers. He's really good at that. I especially needed it today since I've been really nauseous for the past week and a half straight. He always knows just how to make me feel better.
1) Eating dinner at our little coffee table, while watching "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"
2) Never having to be away from Ryan. I don't know if I could have taken much more of life in Omaha by myself.
3) Getting to snuggle up in bed and watch a movie
4) When Ryan calls me his "wife". My heart still flutters when I hear it.
5) Getting to take care of Ryan. I actually enjoy picking up after him, cleaning his dishes, and doing his laundry. It makes me feel good to take care of my baby.
6) The surprises. I love when Ryan comes home with flowers or dinner. He treats me like a princess.
7) His husbandly support. He's always there to tell me that I'm doing a good job, or that it's going to be okay.
8) Planning our future. Whether it's considering adopting kitties, or planning for a baby, I'm elated to think about what's next for us.
9) Late night talks. On the weekends we always find ourselves staying up till the wee hours of the morning to just talk. Sometimes it's Ryan talking me out of a breakdown, but mostly it's just us continuing to learn about each other or laugh.
10) Going to the temple. I love going to the temple with Ryan. Having the priesthood in our home is something that puts me at ease.
11) I'm naming 11 things I like, so there! I like being able to cook dinner and experimenting with recipes. Unfortunately for both of us, we've found that I'm a far better cook than we thought. We're both seeing the effects on our waistbands...Also, getting to make Ryan lunches and tucking in a note written on a napkin.
Ryan's favorite things about marriage so far:
1) I like that Nat takes care of me and keeps the apartment all tidy and stuff. I think I'm steadily forgetting how to even use the dishwasher.
2) I like having someone cook food for me. I've seriously gained more weight in the last three months than I have in the last three years.
3) Spending more time with Nat. I don't have to drive 40+ minutes every day to see my girl.
4) I know Nat tries to be proper and stuff on this blog, but I enjoy finally being able to "cuddle." I'll leave it at that.
5) Having my lunches made every day. I eat much healthier lunches because Nat takes the time to make me awesome meals each night and packs them in my dinky little lunch bag.
6) My habitat looks like someone with taste lives there. I'll admit I don't have the best eye when it comes to interior decorating, so Nat does a good job of decorating.
7) Having someone to goof around with. Nat and I are still at the point where we're finishing each other's sentences and voicing what the other person is thinking. She doesn't think I'm overly crazy, so I feel like I can be especially goofy.
8) Having someone that shares my taste in entertainment. I get to watch most of my silly and weird shows with someone rather than by myself.
9) No more bible's-width apart crap. I get to hug and hold my Nanny without anyone screaming that I'm not allowed.
10) I get to use someone's car that is better than my own. I have terrible luck with cars and just my luck, my wife has a better car. Hooray for Lexus!
2) I like having someone cook food for me. I've seriously gained more weight in the last three months than I have in the last three years.
3) Spending more time with Nat. I don't have to drive 40+ minutes every day to see my girl.
4) I know Nat tries to be proper and stuff on this blog, but I enjoy finally being able to "cuddle." I'll leave it at that.
5) Having my lunches made every day. I eat much healthier lunches because Nat takes the time to make me awesome meals each night and packs them in my dinky little lunch bag.
6) My habitat looks like someone with taste lives there. I'll admit I don't have the best eye when it comes to interior decorating, so Nat does a good job of decorating.
7) Having someone to goof around with. Nat and I are still at the point where we're finishing each other's sentences and voicing what the other person is thinking. She doesn't think I'm overly crazy, so I feel like I can be especially goofy.
8) Having someone that shares my taste in entertainment. I get to watch most of my silly and weird shows with someone rather than by myself.
9) No more bible's-width apart crap. I get to hug and hold my Nanny without anyone screaming that I'm not allowed.
10) I get to use someone's car that is better than my own. I have terrible luck with cars and just my luck, my wife has a better car. Hooray for Lexus!



No comments:
Post a Comment