February 27, 2011

This is my life...

So, I've realized that now that I'm married, my posts are certainly not as interesting as they once were. I sit down at the computer and try and think of things to say, but to be honest, my life is boring. (Don't tell Ryan I said that :P) Well, not boring, just not eventful. I love it though!

Well, I guess the flavor of the month is my company. Nanny's Notes is doing very well. I've only had it up and running for 1 week and I've already gotten several offers to feature my cards on crafts blogs, host giveaways for them, and today I even had the craft store Roberts Arts & Crafts ask me to teach a workshop on how to make my cards. It feels so awesome to have so many people into my cards. For awhile, I was that person that would curl up and cry and say things like "why am I here? What is my purpose in life? I don't want to spend my whole life working and going to school for some career that I don't have any passion about anymore." (Trust me, I've had a lot of those break downs lately.) I wanted to put my talents to use and feel like I had a purpose. As insignificant as it may seem to have a small card company, it gives me such joy. So please, followers and blog readers, help me out! Order cards and spread the word. This work makes me so happy and I'd love to see it become something worth while. :D

Speaking of cards, my genius of a husband suggested that I start a category of cards for missionaries. GENIUS!! I'm working on several adorable Dear Elder cards. I remember when my little brother went on his mission (about to hit the 1 year mark) I would send him weekly care packages and cards, and I always found it SO hard to find cards just for missionaries. I'm hoping a few of my cards can show some missionaries how important and loved they are.

I'm thinking of just leaving them pretty blank for the most part, so families can determine what the topic of the card is.

Well, other than that, no new newlywed news to share. It's funny how life slows down so much after the wedding chaos. It's nice to have a breather.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment