This week has been very bipolar....kinda like me.
I'll start with the weather. We've had two tornado warnings this week. The second time I actually feared for my life. I stepped out onto my balcony and was shocked at what I saw. The street I live on is steep and turned into a waterfall with all of the water. I've never seen it rain so hard. If it wasn't for the tornado or the lightening, I would have been tempted to grab my float tube and ride down it. And the hail! Did I mention the marble-sized hail!? It was surreal. I honestly didn't know what to do in that situation. I live on the 3rd floor and there isn't any basement for me to hide in and stick my head between my knees. I just have to get through the next 3 years without any tornado ripping my roof off.
Speaking of weather, I think I'm a little under the weather...haha ha...ha...okay, lame joke. Anyway. You know when you wake up in the morning and you feel off? When your throat is scratchy and sore, your lungs burn a little, and your head feels like there are a dozen drummers pounding your brain...Hopefully I'm not the only one that knows this feeling. I won't lie, I probably deserved this. I haven't been getting to bed on time lately, haven't been eating all that well, and have been stressing up the wazoo. But hey, aren't all college students living that way? I'm going to take this moment to blame the girl in my micro class. She's been coughing...and I mean COUGHING...non-stop, every class. She doesn't cover her mouth and it almost makes me mad when she does it. We are in class, learning about bacteria and how it makes us sick, and there she is, showing us exactly how to spread disease. With the cruise coming up, I've been a little more OCD about things like that lately. I won't sit near her, I won't touch doors, I wash my hands a ton, and on the incredibly unlucky occasion that I was trapped in the elevator with her, I held my breath. But still got sick. :( I'd rather get sick now, than right before the cruise. I need to be in tip-top health if I'm going to go on a romantic cruise in ONE MONTH!! All I have to say is this...if you're sick, COVER YOUR MOUTH!!
Today was the cherry on the top, where bad luck is concerned. I suffered through the day and some pretty lousy body aches, and was looking forward to getting home so I could crash. Fate stepped in the way and ruined all that. Creighton doesn't seem to put together the fact that if they're going to enroll 1000 extra students, they should probably get more parking. Because of this, I've been forced to park in the not-so-safe areas of town and walk to campus. I've enjoyed the forced exercise, but not the company. As I was walking to my car, I witnessed a cab driver swerving through traffic. He was driving right at me and almost hit me in order to get me to stop. He rolled down his window and leaned over as if he wanted to talk. This is what went through my head. "He just about killed himself to cut everyone off and turn into this parking lot. He must be lost." Plus growing up in Utah has made me a bit too trusting. I walked over to his car to attempt to give him directions. He leaned over and said "Oh, hey, I thought I knew you....what's your name? You wanna ride?" The warning signs and blinking lights were going off, the adrenaline was rushing. The first thing that came to my mind was "RUN!" but what came out of my mouth was "um, I need to go..." I started toward my car, right as three large black men came out behind the parked cars. It was like a horror movie. I realized this was a plot to try and get me into the car, and who knows what else. Thank goodness my car was right there. I jumped inside and drove off as quickly as I could. The adrenaline was too much and I got sick when I got home. It scared me that badly. I'm just thankful that the Lord looked out for me. If I hadn't listened to the prompt to run, I would have had my back turned when the men came up to me. I felt pretty stupid when I called and told my mom, and the first thing she said to me was "have I not taught you anything?! DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS!!" haha! Yet another instance where I shoulda just listened to mom.
Times like this have me so grateful for my blessings and for the safety that I'm continually given. But they also make me miss Ryan. I would have liked nothing more than to come home and get a nice, comforting hug from him. Instead I was alone, puking from fear. Not fun if you ask me. The countdown stands at 28 days...and the wedding countdown stands at 113 days! I can't wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment