June 17, 2010

I do

It's been an incredibly long time since I've last written. Lots of new changes coming into my life, and all of them are great. I think it's a good thing to be able to say that I've avoided my blog because I've been distracted with new, fun things.

The purpose of this post, however, is to share a cute story from last night. On a spontaneous adventure, Ryan and I ended up at the Draper Temple. We first stopped off at Frogurt, so sitting at the temple was so much better due to the fact that we were munching on ice cream. :) As we sat there, leaning back in our seats, being creepers and people-watching, we saw something pretty amazing. There was a couple that was walking the grounds and we were wondering why they were just strolling around at 10:00 at night. It wasn't until the woman leaned over to hug him, that I knew what was going on. The guy would NOT take his hand out of his pocket, not even to hug her back. I turned to Ryan and said, "I bet he's going to propose. There's something in his pocket." To that Ryan replied, "I've never seen anyone get proposed to before." A couple minutes later the guy knelt down, the woman kissed him, she started looking at her hand, and they walked back to their car, where he pulled out some bubbly....okay, cider. All indicators of a proposal. It was cute!!

All girls love cute proposal stories and I think that qualifies. Now it has me all anxious to get married myself. Well, that didn't make me anxious, it just fueled the already out of control fire that was burning inside me.

P.S. This is a picture of my favorite ring....hopefully one day I can be admiring my hand, reminiscing about my own proposal. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment