Yesterday mom, Clay, Jack, and I went out for dinner, as our last outing with Jack. It was really nice....as it's always nice when it's just the Griffins. I find that when I'm alone with just my family, I can laugh and enjoy the little things. The best part of dinner came in the form of two fortune cookies. As we each grabbed our cookie, Jack looked up at Clay and said "what if mine says I'm going to die in Argentina? Switch me cookies!!" When Clay finally opened his up, he started laughing so hard! The cookie that Jack SHOULD have gotten said, "Enjoy yourself while you can." HAHAHAHAHA!!

My fortune cookie held a lot of meaning for me. I've been struggling to move forward since the adoption and only recently have I starterd to become fully active in the church again. It was a surprise to me that I got a religious fortune cookie. I swear God speaks to me through fortunes.
Getting this cookie reminded me of the best fortune that I've ever gotten. It happened when I first found out I was pregnant. My mom and my dad decided to have a meeting with me to discuss my future. We stopped for some Chinese food and the first thing I did was open my fortune cookie. It said, "Try to find the significance behind your current situation." Such a little sentence brought so much meaning to me. I stared at it, knowing that it wasn't just a coincidence. That was the first step of many that lead to where I am today.

Love to read your blog ... thank you for allowing me to! You are a beautiful young lady with a brilliant future ... go for it!
ReplyDelete